Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catching Up

When I started this blog, I had every intention of keeping up with it on a regular basis, say, once or twice a week. I've found, however, that after staring at a computer screen for 8 hours every weekday, I have little patience left for the same activity when I'm at home. This should really come as no surprise and there's been no shortage of fun to distract me from becoming the stellar blogger that I yearn to be.

Among the highlights over the past few weeks was the party that the founder of Building Green and his wife held for the staff last Tuesday. Alex and Jerelyn, who began BG in their home over two decades ago, had us all over for drinks, dinner and a rousing tournament of "Hit the Garbage Can with a Frisbee" in their back yard (seen below).

Liz, Ben and Tristan have real team spirit
Andrea gives it her all

This event was a great opportunity to hang out with my new coworkers in an atmosphere just slightly more relaxed than that of the office. It also gave Liz some much needed doggie time. She never seems to get her fill. Here she is with Abby, one of the dogs who makes a regular appearance at work:


Four or five folks at work bring their dogs to the office. In addition to Abby, the Shih Tzu/Lhasa Apso, there's Zoe, the Greyhound; Beauford, the mut (my favorite); Roxy, the Golden; and a Setter, whose name escapes me. This dog population is dwarfed when compared to the number of dogs who are walked through our neighborhood every day. It's like a little slice of heaven for Liz.

In any case, the summer party was definitely worth our while, with excellent food, good company, and lots of beer. What more could a girl ask for on a Tuesday afternoon? And all of this was set against a beautiful Vermont background, which we were able to enjoy for a while after the party as we stopped along the road to splash around in a chilly mountain stream before dusk.




I have a lot more to share about how we've been spending our free time, but it will have to be saved for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment